Wedding Sparkler Safety and More
When using wedding sparklers, sky lanterns, or any other novelty item or trick device, it is important to make sure you put safety first. We have outlined below some important wedding sparkler safety tips that will help you get the most out of your experience while staying safe in the process.
Overall Novelty Safety Tips
Here are six important safety tips to follow when using novelty items in general. Supervision and common sense are the most important aspects! By implementing these guidelines, you can have a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Always read and follow the instructions on the item’s label or packaging.
- Adult supervision is always required. Novelty items are not recommended for children under age 8.
- Always store unused novelty items in a dry location. Items will store for several years in a cool, dry place.
- Do not point or throw novelty items at yourself or other people.
- Carrying novelty items in your pocket is dangerous; never do this.
- Never put lit novelty items in glass or plastic containers.
Here are nine important safety tips to follow when using wedding sparklers at your celebration. Supervision and common sense are the most important aspects! By implementing these guidelines, you can have a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Obey the local laws and use common sense.
- Always read and follow instructions. Always have an adult present.
- Keep burning sparklers away from clothing and other flammable objects.
- Only use sparklers outdoors, away from buildings and vehicles.
- Light only one sparkler at a time.
- Alcohol, fireworks and sparklers do not mix. Be responsible.
- Do not point or throw sparklers at another person
- Children under the age of 12 should not handle sparklers. Children under 16 should not handle wedding sparklers more than 20 inches in length.
- When finished, place used sparklers in a bucket of water.
Sky Lantern Safety Tips
Here are twelve important safety tips to follow when choosing sky lanterns for your event. Supervision and common sense are the most important aspects! By implementing these guidelines, you can have a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Not suitable for use by children under 16 years of age, even under close adult supervision.
- Must not be used when under the influence of alcohol.
- Use only in very calm and low wind conditions.
- Sky lanterns should not be used when the wind speeds are above 5mph.
- Must NOT be used within 5 miles of an airport.
- Do not use near dry crops or other materials that may easily catch fire.
- Always keep a fire extinguisher and/or bucket of water nearby.
- If the lantern somehow catches fire, extinguish it and discard. DO NOT TRY TO REUSE.
- Only use sky lanterns outdoors in wide open spaces.
- It is much easier and safer when two people to launch one lantern at a time.
- When used properly, sky lanterns are very safe. However, full responsibility is placed on the user of the sky lantern.
- If you are near the coast, we recommend that you notify the local coast guard or life boat services that you will be releasing your sky lanterns. This will help avoid confusion, as they have occasionally been mistaken for flares fired by a ship in distress.
Wedding Sparkler Safety Practices Matter
Safety should always come first, especially at large events such as weddings. When you pack a lot of people into one place, the risks typically elevate. However, our products are generally safe and can be used without fear if you take the right precautions. For more information about our products, please visit the Wedding Day Sparklers homepage.