There are many interesting facts and statistics on weddings in the United States that many people find interesting. Whether you are planning a trivia game for your wedding reception or are just doing research, we have outlined many of the interesting facts and statistics on weddings in the United States.
- 2.3 million couples wed every year in the US. That breaks down to nearly 6,200 weddings a day.
- The average age of a bride in the US is 25.3.
- Average age of a groom is 26.9.
- Average number of guests invited to a wedding is 178.
- One-third of those getting married each year have been married before.
- Around 15% of couples have wedding sparklers during their send-off line.
Money Statistics on Weddings:
- $72 billion per year is spent on weddings.
- The average wedding budget is $20,000.
- $1,016 is the average cost of wedding rings for the bride and groom.
- Traditionally, the father of the bride would pay for everything. However, today the bride and groom themselves pay for the wedding about 30 percent of the time; the bride’s parents pay about 17 percent of the time. As for the rest of the time, costs are covered by different sources — the bride and groom and one or both sets of parents, according to surveys by Bride’s magazine.
- $19 billion per year is spent on wedding gift registries.
- $8 billion per year is spent on honeymoons.
- The average honeymoon budget is $3,657.
- Over 91 percent of all to-be-weds register for gifts. The couple receives gifts from an average of 200 guests.
- Most wedding guests spend between $70 and $100 on a wedding gift.
Though some of these statistics and wedding facts seem a little strange, they are a reflection of our culture. Additionally, with a growing and diversifying world, you can expect to see things become even stranger. Whether you want to keep things on a tight budget or go all out, there’s one thing that is for certain. And that is the fact that things are only going to get more expensive.