When most people plan their wedding, they include some form of a wedding exit after the reception. Traditionally, this is when the couple leaves the reception hall and heads off into the sunset for their honeymoon. Additionally, some sort of accessory is normally used to make the event more interesting. For this reason, many couples compare sparklers vs. confetti to see which will work better at their celebration.
Of course, most couples don’t actually leave for their honeymoon right after their reception. Most couples stay and party with their guests and leave for their honeymoon the following day. However, it is still tradition to plan a wedding exit; even if the couple is just going to remain at the party. Here are the pros and cons of both confetti and sparklers. Additionally, I’ve included some other important information on the topic.
Should You Choose Confetti?
Confetti is a popular choice for wedding exits because of a variety of factors. First, it is a very affordable option. Second, you can buy confetti at a wide variety of places, so it isn’t difficult to find. Lastly, you can get it in almost any shape, size, or color you can imagine, so it’s easy to find a version that you love. The easiest choice is to hand out party poppers to your guests because they don’t require preparation. You can even choose a biodegradable version so you don’t have to clean up your mess! Plus, eco-freindly weddings are very trendy right now, so you get that added bonus.
However, when you’re comparing confetti vs. sparklers, it’s important to look at both the pros and cons. Confetti may be the right choice in some situations, but there other times when you should choose a sparkler. Here is a quick overview.
Benefits of Choosing Confetti for Your Wedding Exit
- It is among the most affordable options. With the exception of rice or birdseed, it is the cheapest.
- Many different stores sell it, so it is easy to find. You won’t need to travel all over trying to find what you want.
- There are many versions available, so finding the right style is easy. No matter what color or shape you desire, there is a store somewhere that sells it.
- Confetti is easy to use; you just toss handfuls into the air. Optionally, you can give your guests confetti cannons or party poppers to use during the wedding exit.
- With biodegradable options available, you can safely use it outdoors. Additionally, it eliminates the need for cleanup.
- It is 100% safe to use anywhere. Since there is no flame involved, they are not a fire hazard and can be used safely anywhere.
Drawbacks of Choosing Confetti for Your Wedding Exit
- It isn’t as spectacular as some other options. After the initial toss, there isn’t much excitement created.
- When there is wind present, it can be difficult to toss during a wedding exit. Since it’s usually made from paper or light plastic, the wind can blow it around quite easily.
- Some venues require that you cleanup all of the confetti; even if it is biodegradable. This can be quite a time-consuming task.
Should You Choose Sparklers?
Sparklers are another very popular choice for wedding exits because they add a lot of drama to the celebration. They offer a few elements that no other option can provide, and that makes them very unique. Additionally, there are many different types of sparklers available for weddings, so you can customize the look of your event.
However, when you’re comparing sparklers vs. confetti, it’s important to look at both the pros and cons. Sparklers offer a lot of benefits over confetti in a variety of ways, but there are certain times when they may not be the best choice. Here is a quick overview.
Benefits of Choosing Sparklers for Your Wedding Exit
- Sparklers can create an unmatched impression on your guests during your wedding exit. There is no other item that compares to their “dazzling” effects.
- Compared to many other options, they are very affordable. You can purchase them for as little as ten cents each.
- They will help to create the most memorable photos of your entire event. There is nothing that compares to the way sparklers look in pictures.
- There is very little mess to cleanup. Just have your guests throw their sticks into a bucket of water at the end.
Drawbacks of Choosing Sparklers for Your Wedding Exit
- Unfortunately, a major drawback of sparklers is that they aren’t allowed at every wedding venue. Make sure you consult the venue ahead of time before placing an order.
- Many people have safety concerns about them. At a minimum, you need to be very careful when using them with or around children. Additionally, they can be a fire hazard in certain situations if used improperly.
- Sparklers require an ignition source in order to perform. Unfortunately, they can be difficult to light in windy conditions. Also, for outdoor events, rain can make them impossible to use.
- For couples having an indoor wedding, there are only certain versions that can be used safely indoors. Make sure you choose a smokeless version if you plan to use them inside.
- If you plan to use them for your exit, there are certain ways to use wedding sparklers that are better than others. You’ll need to organize your wedding exit and coordinate every step. There is a lot of work that goes into a sparkler exit, so it shouldn’t be taken lightly.
- Though sparklers are legal in most states, you still need to check your local laws. Even if they are legal, you still may need a special permit to use them at your event.
- Another drawback is that they are more difficult to find than confetti is. It is very unlikely that you’ll find a local place to shop for them, so you’ll need to purchase online. If you are in a big time crunch, that can be a huge hassle.
Should I Be Pitting Sparklers vs. Confetti, or Are There Other Options?
Of course, sparklers and confetti are not the only items that you can use for your wedding exit. In fact, there is quite an extensive list of options that are at your disposal. Here is a quick overview.
- Ribbon Wands
- Wildflower Seeds
- Glow Sticks
There are several other great alternatives to sparklers for a wedding exit, as well as confetti. However, they are by far the most popular two items that people choose. Confetti offers safety and the ability to celebrate anywhere. Conversely, sparklers are spectacular and will captivate your guests. No matter which one you choose, it’s easy to see why you need to compare sparklers vs. confetti to determine which is best for you.