There are many reasons to know the most common locations that weddings take place and honeymoon statitics. Most commonly, brides want to avoid the busiest dates to save on the expensive prices this demand can bring. This information can also be useful if you are planning a trivia game for your wedding reception.
- 80 percent of weddings are performed in churches or synagogues
- 99 percent of newlyweds take a honeymoon.
- The average couple will spend three times more on their honeymoon than a regular vacation.
- 40 percent of honeymooners will travel within the United States, about 60 percent will travel to a foreign country.
- Honeymoons usually last 7 to 9 days.
- The most popular destinations are Las Vegas, Hawaii, the Caribbean, and
- 35 percent of brides and grooms have a valid passport.
- The top wedding city in the world is Istanbul, Turkey with 166,000 for the year.
- Las Vegas, Nevada is in second place with 114,000 weddings.
- Statistics on Weddings in the United States
- Out-of-the-Box Honeymoon Ideas
- Can I Travel With Wedding Sparklers?
- 5 Interesting Facts about Weddings for Trivia