Arizona is known for many things, but maybe its biggest asset is the nice weather all year long. Sure, it can get uncomfortably hot there at times; but it sure beats having an ice cold winter. Because of this, a lot of couples plan destination weddings to Arizona. Sadly, though, you can’t travel with your sparklers and packing too many decorations can be a huge hassle. So, what are you supposed to do for your grand exit? To help, I’ve put together this Arizona wedding sparklers guide so you can have all the proper resources right at your fingertips. Let’s get started.
Can You Buy Wedding Sparklers Locally in Arizona?
Arizona is known for a lot of things, and a love of all fireworks is at the top of that list. As such, it’s not very difficult to find a small local fireworks shop that will have a great variety of items for most occasions. However, when it comes to sparklers for weddings and other specialty items, things can be a little more difficult. But don’t fret too much; there are still some options you have to get the supplies you need! Here is a short list of places that you can check before giving up on your vision.
For most people, the ideal option is always to find a place locally to make their purchases. First off, it’s easier to get things on short notice if you can procure it nearby. Additionally, you are helping support your local economy; and that is vitally important, too. I already mentioned a local fireworks shop, but there are additional options out there as well. Places like party supply stores, convenience stores, and even grocery stores. And, of course, no Arizona wedding sparklers guide would be complete without mentioning a person who hand-makes fireworks locally. If you look at enough places, there’s a small chance you can find sparklers for your wedding locally.
Can You Have Wedding Sparklers Shipped to Arizona?
Fortunately, there are other convenient options available if you want a better variety and guaranteed availability. Of course, I’m talking about ordering wedding sparklers online and having them shipped to your door. There are a lot of great benefits to this approach, but the overall quality and selection you can find from a specialty retailer are the most notable. First off, you can select from multiple sizes, colors, and even unique shapes! Second, they will be specifically made for a wedding atmosphere. Not only does that mean they are super high quality, but they will also be packaged elegantly to look beautiful at your event. Overall, shopping online is the most cost-effective and easiest option at your disposal.
Is it Legal to Buy and Use Them All Year Long?
Obviously, you want to keep in line with all the rules and regulations of your state. Though Arizona firework laws allow the sale of many types of consumer fireworks, there are limitations to when they can be sold. Fortunately, there are certain exceptions. According to the statue, “the sale and use of novelties known as snappers (pop-its), party poppers, glow worms, snakes, toy smoke devices and sparklers are permitted at all times.” So, that means we can proudly in clued in this Arizona wedding sparklers guide that you can buy and use them at your celebration at any point during the year.
Popular Uses for Sparklers at a Wedding in Arizona
In general, people choose to have their event either indoors or outdoors. Depending on which concept you choose, your planning should be a little bit different. Here is an Arizona wedding sparklers guide to different ways to use them.
Using sparklers at indoor weddings can create a beautiful ambiance. However, there some situations where they are a better fit than others. Here are some popular ways to incorporate sparklers indoors.
- Sparkler Send-Off: As the newlyweds make their grand exit, guests can line up on either side, holding them to create a dazzling pathway.
- Grand Entrance: For a dramatic entrance, the couple can walk into the reception venue through a tunnel of sparklers held by guests.
- Creative Centerpieces: Incorporate sparklers into table centerpieces by placing them in vases or holders. Light them during specific moments like the couple’s first dance or cake cutting for added sparkle.
- Sparkling Cake Topper: Insert wedding cake sparklers on the top tier (ensure they’re food-safe) and light them as the cake is brought out or during the cake-cutting ceremony.
- Unique Photo Ops: Create stunning photo opportunities by having people pose with sparklers. They can spell out words (like “love” or their initials) or simply hold them for a magical effect.
- Special Toast: Instead of traditional toasting glasses, consider using sparklers attached to champagne flutes for a unique and celebratory toast.
Sparklers can create a magical atmosphere at outdoor weddings. However, they are best-suited for specific types of activities. Here are some popular ways to use them outdoors.
- Wedding Exit: Similar to indoor weddings, create a stunning exit for the newlyweds as the guests line up holding lit sparklers. The open space outdoors adds to the visual impact.
- Dance Floor Fun: Encourage guests to join the dance floor with sparklers in hand. This creates a lively and enchanting atmosphere, especially during evening celebrations.
- Sparkling Archway: Designate an area where guests hold them high to create an arch for the couple to walk under for a grand entrance or exit.
- Photo Props: Utilize sparklers for dazzling photo opportunities. Capture the couple surrounded by them or use them to write messages or shapes in long-exposure photographs.
- Fun Centerpieces or Décor: Incorporate them into outdoor wedding décor by placing them in jars, vases, or hanging them from trees. They can add a magical touch to the overall ambiance.
- Sparkler Toast or Cake Cutting: Enhance special moments like toasting or cake cutting. Light them up as the couple raises their glasses or prepares to cut the cake.
Choosing the Perfect Type of Sparklers for Your Arizona Wedding
There are a lot of tough decisions you have to make while planning a wedding, and this one is no different. First, you have to take into consideration things like how many guests will be attending. Next, you need to think carefully about what type of activities you want to perform. Lastly, you need to think about your budget constraints and what you’re actually willing to spend. When you combine these three ingredients, you get a recipe for confusion amongst many young couples. To help, here are the best options to consider for a stress-free decision process.
Gold Wedding Sparklers
If you want the most versatile option available, you really can’t go wrong with traditional wedding sparklers. Right off the bat, they have a huge advantage because they don’t create any smoke while they burn. That means they can be used in any situation; even at an indoor event. Since they are so versatile, the only tough decision you’ll need to make is the length. You can get them in very short models, or you can go with what are regarded as the longest sparklers for weddings; the 36 inch version. This choice is usually determined by the number of guests you plan to have participating. 10s are fine for smaller events with up to 50 guests. From there, you should move up to the 20 inch length until around 125-150 guests. After that, the only real choice you have is going straight for the bigger 36 inch option.
Using a colorful type of sparkler can seem like a great way to spice things up, but they come with a few hang-ups. First, you can only use them at outdoor weddings because they create far too much smoke for an indoor setting. Second, they are limited to shorter lengths and aren’t well-suited for larger gatherings. If you are willing to deal with these caveats, you can still have a great experience. However, in the grand scheme of this Arizona wedding sparkler guide, they are by far my least favorite option.
The last product type that is even remotely ideal for a celebration such as a wedding is very specialized. And, in reality, they are essentially the exact same product. Of course, I’m talking about bottle sparklers used for Champagne or other fine spirits during your celebration. Usually, they are attached to the bottles and lit before pouring refreshments for a toast. However, they can also be used as cake decorations, cocktail garnishes, and several other uses. While they are not ideal for a wedding exit or for candid photographs, they have a great place if you are a couple that likes to get creative.
The Summary of This Arizona Wedding Sparklers Guide
To summarize things, there are a lot of great ways to use sparklers at an Arizona wedding whether the event will be indoors or outdoors. Furthermore, the laws of the state allow you to use them freely throughout the entire year with any restrictions. The most important things that you need to consider are how you plan to use them, how many guests will be attending, and which version you want to buy. If you have a firm grasp on those things, than this Arizona wedding sparklers guide has succeeded at its mission. Good luck and have a fantastic wedding day!